MPP-Elect Oosterhoff Back to Work for Niagara West
Beamsville – Thanking the voters of Niagara West, MPP-Elect Oosterhoff sent a letter this morning, June 3, addressed to Premier Ford, outlining a commitment to local priorities in Niagara with the pledge to Get It Done for the People of Ontario. The letter is included below:
Dear Premier Ford,
Congratulations on your re-election!
You and your team of MPPs have a strong mandate to Get It Done for the people of Ontario. I look forward to getting to work with you as we deliver on our Ontario PC government’s key commitments to the people of Niagara West and the entire province.
Throughout the campaign, I listened closely to the concerns and priorities of the people of Niagara West, and I write today to share those priorities with you.
- Rebuilding the Economy: Across Niagara West, job creators, families and workers spoke about the need to reduce taxes, invest in manufacturing and tourism and cut red tape for businesses in our community to create good jobs in Niagara.
- Keeping Ontario Open: Constituents I spoke with emphasised the need to build up our healthcare system, hire more nurses, invest in home care and therapeutics to support patients and their families and keep Ontario open – for good.
- Keeping Costs Down: Across Niagara West: Constituents spoke about looking forward to measures such as cutting the gas tax, keeping licence plate sticker fees off their vehicles and scrapping road tolls to make life more affordable.
- Building Key Infrastructure: From building our new hospital to new roads and bridges in Pelham and West Lincoln, to construction of a GO Station in Grimsby, new schools in Lincoln and a renovated community centre in Wainfleet, I heard about the need for continued investment in key infrastructure projects.
- Working for Workers: Many workers and employers spoke about the need to promote the skilled trades, reduce barriers to training for well paying jobs and measures such as three-year degrees to help people get the skills they need to advance to the next level.
I look forward to working closely with you and your entire team to deliver on these commitments. You can be assured of my dedication to ensuring the voices of the people in my riding are heard at Queen’s Park and of my assistance in working with you.
May God bless you in this task!
Sam Oosterhoff, MPP-Elect